Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stake Conference, The Atonement, Weaknesses & One Happy Missionary

Alright this is gonna be super short! 

Nothing too cray happened this week, but we had a wonderful Stake Conference, so I want to share some thoughts I had! 

There were so many great speakers and we had an area seventy there as well. Some of the things that stuck out to me were when Sister Mortensen spoke. She talked about how Christ waits for us to invite him into our lives. He doesn't barge in. She shared a scripture that made me think pretty deep. Matthew 16:25. Check out that scripture and see what it means to you! I love it! She said living a gospel-centered life means choosing the way of the Lord, rather than choosing the way of this world.

We all know that the world is changing so much, but I promise you that Heavenly Father and His commandments are not changing. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 

President Mortensen talked about a missionary experience he had with one of his daughters and he said, "We, as parents, often spend so much time and effort in preventing the evil ways of this world, but are we spending enough time preparing for spiritual experiences?" I thought that was super cool because he mentioned that his daughter was sitting in on the missionary lessons with her friend, and she didn't want the lesson to end because it was such a good experience. 

I apologize for my thoughts being so scattered, but I pray that someone can take something from this. 

Another thing that stuck out to me was that if we take our weaknesses to the Lord, he will make them strengths. But, more often than not, we take them to the adversary and he makes them worse. This really stuck out to be because I know how weak I am without the Lord. I know that He helps me out so much every single day. I could not do this work if I didn't receive the strength from the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I know that I am more happy now than I have ever been before. Most of you may know about my family situation and if you don't, then know that I have two sets of parents and six other siblings that all love and support me. Back home, I always had whatever I needed, and I pretty much had everything I wanted as well, but I promise you that I am more happy now when all of my belongings fit into two suitcases. I have so little, yet I have so much. I love being a missionary so much and I love the opportunities I have everyday to share the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Listen, I gotta go for now. But know that I love you all so much! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca



Yes, I cut my companions hair! 


​Don't worry, Bailley. I'm coming home in a short time! 


This is me all sweaty after we got home one night. Yes, I know that tan line is nasty where my watch is! Don't worry, I'm fixing it!


I saw Elder Christensen again! That is one of my Zone Leaders on the right!


Editor's note---If you remember the story about Elder DeLuca cutting his sideburns from a recent blog post, this will make more sense.  Way to go, Elder!

No comments:

Post a Comment