Monday, June 29, 2015

A Great Week and a Great Baptism

Okay this is Elder Petersen's last P-Day here, so we have a lot to do and not a lot of time. I am going to apologize in advance for making this really brief! 

Alright, so we went to the temple on Tuesday and President told us to go as districts and be thinking about what we see in the endowment video in regards to faith. It was interesting having that in mind while attending the session. I learned a lot there. One of the most important things I learned was that I need to be in the temple regularly when I return home. Like weekly. I haven't been in almost a year and it was killing me. President Mortensen changed the rules about going and ever since he did that I haven't had the opportunity to go because we have to go either with a recent convert or a less-active member that we reactivated and are taking them back to the temple. Anyways, if you haven't been to the temple in a while and are able to, GO. 

Wednesday, we met with Orion and just went over some of the Laws and Ordinances. Then we met with Julie and Madison Stewart. We went through 1 Nephi 8 with them and it was a solid lesson. They realized that they need to hold to the rod EVERY DAY! It was good. 

Thursday, we picked up Corban Wooldridge and he went to visit Orion and Trey with us. Still just continued in the Laws and Ordinances lesson. Corban had some good insight for them! Then we went over to Horace's house and he took us out to dinner. He is so nice! After dinner we went back to his house and went through 1 Nephi 8 with him as well. He is a big reader so when we asked him if he had read since the last time we came he said "No, not really. I am only on page 81." To which I responded "WHAT!?!?! That is AWESOME Horace!!!!" It is usually like pulling teeth with people when we try to get them to read half of that! He is eager to learn, still just a little hesitant about the restoration of the priesthood. 

Friday, we went and saw Orion and Trey again! So sweet. I wish we could meet with all investigators 3 times a week. It makes a huge difference. We read from the Book of Mormon with them and we also had Corban with us again. He is a stud. Corban said to us in the car, "This is great preparation for my mission." Do you know how much that means to me? I love that. I seriously almost shed a happy tear. Those are the recent converts every missionary wants to be with. ones who are truly converted. I loved that he said that! 

Saturday was the day! We had Orion's baptism at 11:00am that morning. He had so many people there to support him. When they got there, there was a line of people walking in with all of his family that came to be there. It was so sweet. Petey did a nice job with the baptism and the talks were great. T'was a good service! 

Sunday morning, we had ward council and we haven't been there in like 3 weeks due to other meetings and Father's Day. I felt like a less-active member coming back to activity when I walked into ward council. Haha, seriously it was weird not being there for so long. Then we had a great Sacrament Meeting and I confirmed Orion. I always get a little nervous when performing things of great importance like this, especially in front of a crowd of people! I said a silent prayer before I started and then the words just flowed. It was amazing, to me. I know that the Spirit was giving me the very words I needed to say at that particular moment. 

One thing I have learned from being out here on my mission is that I can do hard things. My personal opinion is that we are all are so much more capable than we give ourselves credit for. We are literally spirits wrapped in our mortal bodies and our spirits are so much stronger. I know that Heavenly Father will help us with all that we desire in righteousness. I love you guys and I hope you have a great week! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca



​This is Brother Ure Sr., a.k.a "Grandpa" and I at the temple. He drove us down on Tuesday. He's one of the best men I have ever met. He is so close to the Spirit it is incredible. Love him! 


This is Elder Faaso. He is one of the district leaders in our zone. They are in a bike area and he didn't have a helmet so a member bought this for him. It is a legit motorcycle helmet! I thought it was too funny to not get a picture of! 


​I saw Elder Hegemann and French last night at a mission president's fireside. They are both doing really well! That is Fasso in the background. I just noticed that! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment