Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Fourth Watch


Alright I am just going to be honest with you. I type really slow and we do not have that much time so I am going to share an incredible miracle that we had this weekend!

Saturday night, we had a our 8-o'clock appointment fall through and the Conroe 1st Elders called us right then. They asked us where we were because they wanted to come check our apartment for their mileage logbook for their car. We have to track our mileage in our cars everyday, and we all keep the credit card in there for fuel. They needed to get gas because they were on empty and they didn't want to get gas on Sunday. They thought it might be at our apartment because they come over a lot. We searched our entire apartment high and low and it was nowhere to be found. We then went out to their car to help them look. Their car was a mess; most missionaries cars are (except ours). So we took everything out and completely searched everywhere and it was nowhere to be found. I said, "Have you guys said a prayer?" They said they had.  I felt like we needed to pray again, but I didn't want them to think I thought their prayer wasn't sufficient or something, so I didn't say anything. It was right then that Elder Elsberry was like, "Lets just say another prayer. It is not going to hurt anything!" I was thinking to myself, "YES!" 

After the prayer we searched all of the boxes in the car and still nothing! They left to go look in their apartment and as they drove away I said to Elder Myers, "Should we just go help them look?" He was fine with it so we called them and they said, "Yes, come."  We followed them over and took everything out of the car into their apartment. It was nowhere to be found. We stopped searching for a bit and were just talking and then I was like, "I am searching this apartment."  I don't give up without putting up a fight. Never. In most cases that does more harm than good, but this time it had a good turn out. I searched their apartment like a German Shepherd searching for paraphernalia! I did not find it anywhere. Finally I was like, "Okay, I am going to the car to look again."  Elder Myers came with me and I felt like checking the glove box again, so I did. I emptied it and nothing was in there. Right then I felt prompted to take the glove box out of the car. Most people don"t know this, but in most cars the glove box comes out really easily. You just disconnect it and pops it right out. I removed the glove box, and there was the logbook jammed into the dash. I grabbed it and showed Elder Myers and he was like, "Way to go Elder DeLuca!" 

Being the goof I am, I tucked the logbook in my belt behind my back like I was packin' some heat and then we walked back in and I was like, "Sorry guys.  We couldn't find it, but we have to go."  I asked them how much they loved me.  Then I asked them to turn around and then I pulled it out and I was just smiling waiting for them to turn around and see the logbook. It was pretty cool. They were shocked! They were like, "What did you do!?!?!"  They had been searching for this for days. 

There is a talk by S. Michael Wilcox titled "The Fourth Watch." I would encourage you all to watch or listen to it. This is a real principle. The Lord does not come right out when it gets tough. He comes after the trial of our faith. If we would had given up when we were searching at our apartment they would have never found it. If we would have given up at their apartment, they would have never found it. That prompting to remove the glove box wouldn't have come to me if I didn't listen to the first prompting to go back to the car even though we searched it thoroughly 2 or 3 times. It was neat for me to see the Lord working through all of us that night. The Lord is with His missionaries. I know that. May we all listen to the still small voice of the Spirit of God. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.  





I bought a couple of hats this week. These type of hats look good on bald guys, so I got a couple. Stihl is the best chainsaw ever made! 


Here is my companion when we were changing the oil in a silly John Deere. They shoulda bought a CAT! 


​"Well she ain't into cars or pickup trucks, but if it runs like a Deere, man her eyes light uuuupp..." I loved changing the oil in this tractor. I miss wrenching on my car and dirt bike! 

No comments:

Post a Comment