Monday, November 9, 2015

New Companion and New Investigators!

This past Tuesday, Elder Myers and I were happy to go down and pick up our new companion Elder Nielsen. He came out with me and he was just called to serve as a zone leader so it makes it a lot easier when zone leader companions are serving together. Elder Mikesell and I were both serving in different wards. He was called to serve in Tomball! I told him that was MY ward! :)

On Friday after our district meeting, we went to help Brother Russo do some yard work and I got to mow his grass with a riding lawn mower! I was SO happy! I was cruising on that thing. It reminded me of my Papa's riding lawn mower that my brother Zack and I would drive around with the three-wheeler. Good times! Elder Nielsen was pulling weeds and he got bit by some fire ants! Turns out he was allergic to them and his hand was swollen about three times its original size on Saturday. It was crazy!!  

Friday evening after our dinner appointment, we went tracting and before we got out of the car I told my companions that I was committed to find a new investigator and that I was willing to do all that I had to in order to find one. I then said are you in? They both were pumped and were like, "YES!" Elder Nielsen offered a really nice prayer and we committed to the Lord that we were going to do whatever we had to do in order to find whoever He was preparing. It was the second house we knocked into that we talked one of the nicest people I have ever talked to in Texas. Her name is Taylor and she lives with her boyfriend and a roommate and she has a little 11 month old baby boy named Houston! We taught her about the restoration and she really liked it. We were going to go back on Saturday but Houston was sick so we are going to have to go back another day this week. It was neat for us to see the Lord answer our prayer so quickly that night. Usually the miracles happen towards then end of the night, but this one was a tender mercy. :) 

Sunday, we had a Regional Conference and it was SO good. I want to see if there is a way to get access to those talks and reread them. One thing I have learned is that, sometimes, when we listen to talks, things slip past us, but when we read back through them we see things that we didn't the first time. It is a pretty cool experience. I love reading through General Conference talks! After church, we had to go an Urgent Care for Elder Nielsen. His hand was so swollen it looked like it was going to fall off. He got a prescription and it is helping. 

This morning in our companionship study, we went through the 3rd chapter of Mosiah. There is a lot of good stuff in there for such a short chapter. Verse 19 is very common talking about the natural man, but what hit me was in verse 21 where it says, "And behold, when that time cometh, none shall be found blameless before God, except it be little children, only through repentance and faith on the name of the Lord God Omnipotent." Now, this is talking about the judgement and I thought it was so neat how NONE shall stand blameless before God, EXCEPT it be LITTLE CHILDREN. That really hit me hard today. I absolutely love little children. They are the most perfect and precious people on the earth. What a blessing it is to know that all little children are saved in the Kingdom of God. Most of our world does not believe that. Would a loving Heavenly Father not let an infant or little child back into His arms if they did not have the opportunity to be baptized and accept the gospel? No, He would not do that. The scriptures teach us to become as a child, not that a child is to become as we are. The teachings of our church and the doctrine we believe makes too much sense. I love it. Have a great week! 





Howdy, y'all! ;)


It's always nice to get some extra love from my family! ;)


This is Elder Nielsen's hand!!


No comments:

Post a Comment