Monday, November 9, 2015

Interviews and Stake Conference!

This past Tuesday, Elder Myers woke up at 5:12 to go to the bathroom and he woke me up on accident when he came back into the room, so I was like, "Well, let's go workout!" I can never go back to sleep when I wake up and I had MLC that day so I had to leave at 7:30 anyways, so it worked out well. Elder Myers was not thrilled about going to the gym that early, but he was willing. :) I love going to MLC though because I am always spiritually fed. We learned a lot and we practiced role playing how to respond to investigators that say, "I've already been baptized." If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, man, I would have some serious dough. We went to Acts 19:1-6 where Paul is in his ministry and comes across a group of disciples that were just baptized and he asks them if they received the Holy Ghost and they didn't know what he was talking about.  So, he taught them and then they were re-baptized. I have used that before in my teaching, but the role play was super helpful for how to teach it with more power. It is the power that carries it unto the hearts of those we teach. 

We had interviews on Wednesday with President Mortensen and he saved the best for last. ;) Haha, just kidding. He wanted to interview the zone leaders last and Elder Mikesell went before me so I really was last, but certainly not the best. My interview was really short because I got to talk to him at MLC on Tuesday. I have never met a more spiritual individual than President Mortensen. I told him and I tell missionaries if they don't have anything but a great relationship with President, it is their fault. He loves us so much and he does so many things for us. If they only knew half of what he really does, they would change the way they speak of him. I don't want you to think that a bunch of missionaries talk badly of him, but there are always going to be "those missionaries" that have no idea why they are on a mission and they have a bad attitude about everything. I don't tolerate missionaries speaking evil of the Lord's anointed. It drives me cray cray! 

Thursday evening, we went tracting and we were not having a lot of success. It just seemed like people didn't want to talk to us. We prayed before we left and poured our heart out to the Lord and told Him that we knew He could lead us to someone who He has been preparing. I was determined to find someone, you guys! We knocked a few doors and talked to some people and nothing. We finished up that street and it was getting pretty dark and people do not like it when we knock after dark. There was one more street like a block away so I was like lets go up there. We have to talk to at least 15 people a day and when we tract we try to keep track so Elder Myers asked me how many more until we talk to 15 and I simply said, "Till we find a new investigator." It was the second door that we knocked on the very next street that a guy named Wes let us in and we shared a message with him and set up a return appointment.  Therefore, he became a new investigator. The Lord is a Fourth Watch God. We are going to teach Wes and hopefully his family the message of the Plan of Salvation tonight at 7 with our Bishop. 

On Sunday, we had our Stake Presidency reorganized and during stake conference I felt the Spirit really strong when President L. Whitney Clayton spoke. WOW!! He talked about when they interview the wives of the stake presidency. He said the women are terrific, and the men are good. Women make men terrific. SO true. I don't think enough women understand how important they really are to us, and more importantly, to Heavenly Father. Us men could not do it on our own. I love the first sentence of the Young Women's Theme: "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him." That is beautiful. I love that! It establishes their identity as daughters of God. One thing the adversary tries to do to us is rob us of our identity. There is a perfect example of this in the book of Moses. Moses 1:4 God says thou art my son. Verse 12 satan says to him son of man. Immediately satan tried to blur Moses' vision of being a son of God. 

In 1 Nephi 12:17 we learn about the mists of darkness and it says "which blindeth the eyes, and hardeneth the hearts of the children of men". The adversary is well aware of our potential and satan and his followers will do all that they can to blur our vision of what we can become. Satan does not have a body so he will do all he can to try to tempt us to do anything contrary to the commandments of God with our physical bodies. May we all be aware of this and follow the commandments of our Heavenly Father where lasting peace, joy, and happiness awate. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 



Happy Halloween from Conroe! Elder Myers' mama sent him a 
really nice halloween package with some goodies for both of us. So sweet of her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment