Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week 1 - MTC - Well, hello everyone!



Well hello everyone! I have so much to say so let me try to explain. 

The first day was so crazy. I was constantly moving and I was like,  "Seriously, this is how its gonna be!?" Haha, well the answer is yes! We are always moving from place to place and we are in class hours on end. You could say its a love/hate relationship here at the MTC. The only thing I don't like about it is that it reminds me of school and I just LOVE school.....NOT!  Haha, so thats really the only thing I don't like. Actually there's more.  Some of these elders stink....like really bad.  And I'm thinking to myself, "Go take a shower!" Holy cow, come on.  But it's okay cause I smell good. (: Hehe! However, I am the last one ready......I just can't win! 

Well, what I love about it here is that the spirit is so strong and it's pretty much everywhere you go (except when you're around the stinky elders). I have never had this kind of an experience before and I really love being a missionary. My companion's name is Elder Meyers.  He is from Washington and I like him. We get along just fine, but we are so different. He likes theater stuff and I like cars and things with motors. It's all good though cause we aren't here for us. 

We have been teaching investigators here and wow, what a neat experience. We always say a prayer together before we go in and teach and it seriously helps a lot. I know that the spirit is with us as a companionship. We taught this girl last night and she was super smart and asked two questions that we didn't know how to answer, so we are gonna look them up and throw them back at her.  Just kidding! We will explain very politely.  ( : 

Okay so I must say I get a little hungry while sitting in class for hours on end.  Soooo, when I get to the cafeteria, I eat. Man, do I eat! The food isn't even that great but its all free, so I'm like, "Why don't I just get a li'l bit of everything!?"  Haha!  I make my own drinks too and that is super fun. I like this one with half passion fruit juice and half blue powerade. The other is just a simple cran-apple and I drink it like its going outta style! Mmmm.....sooo good! I love it. I'm being totally serious. My district makes fun of me cause of how much food I get. It's okay though cause I make fun of myself too! We just have three meals a day and I get two to three meals each time. Yeah I know. Its bad! I am working out though so that's good. 

Well I'll let you all know more on next Tuesday if we are allowed to email. We may not be allowed to cause we have to pack for Texas!  Yee-Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Alright well I love you all so much and I am so happy to be where I am right now. I'll talk to y'all soon!  ( ;

Love, 

Elder DeLuca

No comments:

Post a Comment