Monday, July 14, 2014

Who'll Stop the Rain?

Wow this week went by really fast for me! Where does the time go?? 

I'm gonna be pretty brief today 'cause I take forever to type and we don't have a lot of time. This week, we had the opportunity to have interviews with President Mortensen and that was awesome! We had a training from the assistants while others were in interviews and that was great.Elder Christensen is actually an assistant now, so it was really nice to see him. One of the first things he said to me was "Man you are lookin good!"  to which I responded "Well, duh!" Hahah....no, just kidding. I think I was like "Yeah, I have lost a couple pounds." I really have and I feel so good! Anyways, President Mortensen is seriously wonderful. He committed all of us to keep the mission standard of making 25 or more invitations to learn each day. I don't know about other missions, but this is not easy here! Our area now is pretty tough for finding, but we have been able to do it ever since last Thursday!  

Yesterday, we were out finding trying to get 25 invitations and it was hard! It started to rain on us and we had like 30 more minutes 'til 9 so we were like, "What should we do??!!"  We decided to just stay out and contact more people and. We were talking to this one guy and we were all getting pretty wet from the rain, and after we got all his information, Elder French was like, "How many was that?" and I was like, "That was 25." and immediately it started pouring on us. You don't know what rain is until you've been to Texas! It was really neat to see how Heavenly Father was holding the rain back just a little bit so we weren't drenched while talking to people. 

I am sorry for being really short today, but I hope you all have a great week. I love you guys!!!!

Love, 

Elder DeLuca




I just had to buy this shirt. It was only 5 bucks!! 


​This is what we look like when we do service!! Sorry both of my pictures  of me are of me all sweaty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment