Monday, September 15, 2014

Another Week!

Okay, this is going to be the shortest email ever! 

This week was pretty sweet. We met a homeless guy and we talked with him for a few minutes one night on our way home and he was really nice to us, but he has a bit of a potty mouth. I didn't realize how terrible it sounds until I met this guy and he says them like every other word. So, we went home and we saw him again the next morning and we wanted to go get him something to eat rather than just giving him money because he told us straight up that he was an alcoholic. We went to Wal-Mart and I bought him some food from McDolanld's and Elder Bergan bought his dog Shadow some doggy food. He was so grateful for our service, but I think I felt even better than he did! We saw him again that day and gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would like to discuss more later so we may be meeting with him. I'll let you know how that goes.

We started teaching Mounda the commandments lesson this past week and he has been keeping the commitments we leave with him! He came to church as well! 

So, Chris and his girlfriend actually came to church too. We finally met with Chris this past week and we explained our purpose to him and he expressed that he did not want to be baptized because he was already baptized in another church. He had listened to the restoration lesson many times, but he still doesn't want to work towards baptism, so we told him that we are not going to continue meeting with him because we have to find those that are prepared. This was really tough for me, but I know that we had to do that. We told him that we would stop by periodically and check up on him. He totally understood why we said what we did and he said, "I want you guys to find those who are prepared too, but I am just not one of them right now." I know that we definitely planted some seeds there. He is a great guy! 

So, that is a really brief update for this past week, but I'll let you know more next week! I love you all so much! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca



This Alaskan salmon is seriously the best! Eat clean everyone! You will feel so much better! 


So I got my hur all done upp! Hahaha! 


This is my favorite salad ever! 






No comments:

Post a Comment