Monday, November 3, 2014

Brittany, Chili Cook-off & Zone Conference

This week was great! Wednesday, after studies we had planned to go street contacting in order to try to talk to at least 15 people and we were not quite sure where to go, so we both prayed as individuals to see where the Lord would have us go and then each chose 3 streets on our map without telling each other. We ended up both choosing 2 of the same streets so we went to the closer one first, and just started knocking doors. We didn't have much success and then at the end of the street there were two more houses, so we went to them and a lady answered the door and started talking to us. We explained who we were and briefly touched on the restoration and she was interested in learning more. We asked for her number and we set a return appointment for Saturday morning and we taught here the restoration lesson! It went really well and we both knew that the Lord was guiding us to this girl named Brittany. She was not able to come to church, but I will keep you posted! 

Oh my goodness! So we had a chili cook-off at our ward this past week for the trunk or treat, and guess who the judges were? US! I was so sad because I was planning on just eating a little bit of salad because I ate some fish and broccoli before we went so I wouldn't eat any chili! I endured well, and it wasn't too bad! Some of them were so yummy! 

Anyways, we have such a great ward here in Magnolia and the members seriously trust us so much, it is awesome. This is the time for member and missionaries to come together to hasten the Lord's work. We have been working with members and their missionary efforts so much lately. Always remember that the success is in the invitation! Do not ever feel discouraged if someone does not accept your invite, but know that the Lord was cheering you on! 

We have Elder Corbridge of the Seventy coming to teach us tomorrow at a Zone Conference so we are pumped! I will let you know how it goes! 

Have a great week everyone and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! 

Love, Elder DeLuca

Editor's note -  Elder DeLuca's new mailing address is---





Yes, I always look this goofy when I bike! You can't tell from the picture but that was a steep hill!


This little guy stayed next to me the entire time we taught Brittany the Restoration lesson. He definitely wanted to hear what we had to say!


​This is my companion and this is why we have to wear helmets! Have a great week everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment