Monday, February 9, 2015

I'm From the Country and I Like It That Way!




Texas is awesome!! We had a great week. We were able to go over to Bill and Kathryn's house and we read more from the Book of Mormon with them. They still aren't reading on their own so we have just been reading with them the past couple visits. 

We had a lesson with Bobby and, again, he is still waiting to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true until after he finishes it so we have just been reading with him as well. Bobby said that he wants to be baptized, but he doesn't want to commit to Mormonism. We explained to him that he is being baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and not to the "Mormon" church. He still said that he wants to classify himself as a non-denominational Christian. We are going to meet with him again tonight so I will let you know how it goes. Please keep these people in your prayers. That would really help! 

On Thursday, we had interviews with President Mortensen and Elder Christensen and I and the Sister training leaders in our zone had to cover the specialized training with the assistants while President was interviewing missionaries. We had some people from the stake high council there as well and they talked with us after President told us about how we can best help our ward councils. After that, we had a huge role play with the missionaries. Elder Christensen and I and the two sister training leaders all went into the kitchen and the room next to it and we all had a separate doors and each companionship has to come knock the doors as if they were tracting and they practiced what they would say when they were out finding. We all had to be nice to some and mean to some to change it up and when I was mean to them, I felt so bad!! My heart sunk after I slammed the door on them! Obviously, they knew it was just a role play, but still. I felt a glimpse of what people feel like when they are rude to us. They must feel miserable inside even though they don't show it.  

The coolest part about specialized training was that they had asked a recent convert to come and we had Paul Kendrick come! The assistants asked him to come up and he was asked different questions about his conversion process and what it was like the first time coming to church and how the missionaries used members in their teaching and what not. He was rockin' it up there. He seriously had so many great things to say and that is not because he was talking highly of me, but that didn't hurt(; Brother Kendrick is a stud, and our zone was like, "Wow, that was sweet to have him here." after he left. He done good! 

Okay, so one of the best parts of my week was I got to baptize Niki Gessner! Niki and Pamela were both baptized this past Saturday and we had a great turnout there. Many non-members and less-actives were there. When we were over there earlier this week, we asked the girls who they wanted to do the baptisms and Niki smiled and pointed to me and was like, "I want you to baptize me!" She seriously made me feel like a million bucks. Elder Christensen baptized Pamela and Brother Schulmire and Brother Ure did the confirmations on Sunday morning. We weren't able to be there for the confirmations because we had a stake high council meeting, but we heard they went well! It has been a privilege to be able to work with these two little girls and they have made so much progress since we met them when I first came to Tomball. 

All is well here is the small state of Texas! I hope all of you are doing well and know that I love you!

Love, 

Elder DeLuca




Niki is the one next to me!


We love dressing in white at the church. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment