Monday, March 17, 2014

Not Gonna Lie

Not gonna lie. This week was a little slow with missionary work but still great!  My companions and I helped Brother Dowdle fix Sister Zezulka's fence that has been broken for like 7 years.  I'll show you some pics. ( : 
     
So, we have been on like two exchanges this week.  Elder Tanner came back with Elder Peterson and I cause Elder Christensen and Elder Naville are zone leaders so they go to all the special places.  (; hahah. So when we were on that exchange, we went out finding (people to teach) at the waterway and we did find a family.  There was this guy and his two daughters and we talked to them for like an hour!  We told him to give us a call and we also got his number, so we may have to just call him because he hasn't called yet.  He was solid though!  He actually agreed to everything we were saying to him!  That was really sweet.  I'll let you know if they become investigators.  Keep that in your prayers, please!
     
So, on another exchange, I left my area and I went with Elder Bird cause his comp is a district leader so he goes with all of the missionaries in the district to see how they work and what not. Anyways, Elder Bird and I had like 2 or 3 appointments to go to and we only made it to 1. That stunk!  haha we were walking in this neighborhood and it started pouring rain on us!  Neither of us had an umbrella with us cause we didn't think it was gonna rain.  (This is a bike area so we didn't have a car).  We ran to our dinner appointment and we were a little early and the Dad there was working on his car, so we talked with him for a little bit before dinner. 
     
So, some good and some not so good. That's part of life though! We need opposition in all things. 2 Nephi 2:11
     
So, we had a great church meeting on Sunday.  My Bishop talked about focusing on things with an eternal perspective.  He is an awesome guy and I really feel that everyone can try to focus more on what really matters.  The Gospel and our families and doing all that we can to live with them forever.  That is what really matters most. 
     
I was talking to my Mom about a hymn that reminded her of her Mom.  My Mema.  She passed away a few years back and she had a hymn book with all of her favorite hymns in it and it was left on "Because I Have Been Given Much."  Anyways, I heard that song twice on Sunday and I felt that Mema was with me. She was the sweetest lady anyone could ever meet.  She still is and I want my family to know that she is still here with us.  I know that.  I also know that she wants whats best for us and that really helps me be the best missionary I can be. 
     
I really am so grateful to be here and live through my experiences.  I have learned more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the past month than I did my whole life.  I love being a missionary and I love you all very much.  Thank you all for your love and support! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca 




This is the fence!



It was pretty messed up!



There is Elder Christensen!



Cars, fences.  You name it, we fix it!



This is what I came to after my exchange.  Yea....hahaha!



Elder Tanner and I today.  They email at our place.  He's a stud, huh?!  I love this fool!



No comments:

Post a Comment