Monday, March 10, 2014

This Week Was So Sweet



This week was so sweet (other than the fact that I was feeling really sick)!  I have had a little bit of a sore throat and I have been having the worst headaches ever and I don't know why.  But that is boring so I wont continue with that. Plus this isn't about me anyways!
     
So, the highlight of this week is that one of our investigators (Morgan) asked us to be baptized! I know….crazy huh!? Haha.  He is 17 and in high school.  We have met with him multiple times and he always believed everything we said, but he didn't understand why 'our church.'  He thought that God loves us so much so he gives us all of these churches to pick which one best fits us.  We talked to him about how our church had the priesthood and he still wasn't understanding.  So, last Tuesday we had and exchange so Elder Tanner was with Elder Peterson and I and we went over to Morgan's house to chat.  He has been through all of the discussions, but we taught just the middle part of the Restoration and went through the 13 Articles of Faith.  In the middle of reading this, he was like "so do I need to be baptized to live in God's presence?"  I don't sugarcoat things like this so I was like, "Yes Morgan you do."  He just kinda said "okay" at that point, but then later when we were reading the 13 Articles of Faith, we stopped after a verse and he was like, "I wanna be baptized in your church.  I'm having good feelings and I know that it is God telling me through you guys that I need to do this."  Crazy huh!?  The spirit there was incredible…..I can't even tell you. 

At the end of the lesson, I asked him who he wanted to say that prayer and he was like "Let's all say one."  This was the coolest experience EVER!  He started, then me, Elder Tanner and Elder Peterson. The prayer I said was seriously not even me talking.  No joke. I was directed by the Holy Ghost through the whole prayer.  This was my favorite prayer I have ever said and, honestly, I don't even know all of the things that were said.  However, I do know how I felt and that is a feeling that I'll never forget. 

This email is a little shorter this week but it was still a really great week. I want all of you to share The Gospel with everyone.  Seriously, the first step is to invite people.  Every conversion starts with a simple invite.  I know it isn't easy, but don't ever feel discouraged about sharing your beliefs with people.  If a friend gets upset with you, then you know they aren't a true friend. Lately we have been able to talk to a lot more people. We are asked to invite 25 or more people to learn each day.  This was very tough in our area, but the last few times we walked the waterway, we were able to get 28 two days in a row!  It was sooo sweet.  A lot of people do not want to hear from us, but some do and they are very interested. 
     
Missionary work is hard work, but it is so worth it. I love it! I love being a missionary. I hope you all have a great week and I will talk to you soon! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca




This is the waterway that we walk at night when we have time! 



This is my ghetto desk made out of cardboard boxes and parts of other desks!



The orange gummy bear was mini so I made a family pic! Hehe.  I know…..I'm weird.  (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment