Monday, October 20, 2014

My Transfer & Mounda's Baptism!

Hello everyone! Elder DeLuca is being transfered!! No more sending
letters here, Buddah!!  ( :

This week was great! We had interviews with President Mortensen this
past Tuesday and he hinted that I was going to be transferred, so I
wasn't surprised when I got the news last night. Copperfield has been
great. We have a great ward with solid members that are always there
to help us. I am going to miss everyone and our clean apartment.....and
the super nice gym.  But I am ready for wherever the Lord wants me to
be!

I had the chance to go on exchanges with the Elders in the district
and that was really nice too. I am going to miss my district so much!
We have the best senior missionaries here too.

So Mounda was baptized!!!! This was such an incredible experience. I
was the one that baptized him and then Elder Bergman confirmed him a
member on Sunday. I feel like Mounda was a large part of the reason I
was sent here to Copperfield. Elder Bergman and I worked really hard
with him and it was such a good learning experience for all of us.
Missionary work is so real. I love my calling so much you guys! You
have no idea!!

I am sorry I do not have time to write more, but know that I had a
great week and I will let you know next week where I landed.

I want my family to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
I love you all so much, and I want you to know that we will see Papi
again. He is in a better place right now and his spirit is still with
us. He lived a great life and we have so many wonderful memories to
look back on with him!

Thank you all for everything you do for Elder DeLuca and all of the
other missionaries throughout the world. Missionary work is great, but
when your family anf friends support you, it is even greater! I love
you all!!

Love,

Elder DeLuca





This is us at the baptism this past Saturday! Sorry there is only one
picture. I will have more for you guys next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment