Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Clean Apartment & A Great Week!

Alright, I have to admit right off the bat that I did not make the weight I wanted to. I was shooting to be at 150 today and I was 153. I will get there by next Monday, I promise. However, I did treat myself to some ice cream this week ONLY because we got a free coupon for having a very clean apartment. We have apartment inspections each month and Elder Bergman and I scored a perfect score. No joke you guys, we literally have the cleanest apartment in our entire mission. This is not blasphemy; I have proof! The point system is set up to score you on everything from a 0-4 basis, so the lower your score, the better. We scored a zero on everything! The next apartment that was the cleanest scored a 3 and it was a brand new apartment. Ours is seven years old. So because of this, I ate not the pint, but 3 or 4 bites of the Bluebell ice-cream. I love to be clean, but it is not mine nor Elder Bergman's apartment. It is not even the missions apartment. It is the Lord's apartment and we treat it that way. Some missionaries go and play games and stuff but we seriously clean every P-day and then we shop and email. Ain't nobody got time for playin' games! 

     So, we had Zone Meeting this past Friday and the Zone Leaders asked Elder Bergman and I to speak to the zone on member commitments because we had the most commitments in our whole zone for the month of September. We focused on four things that we need to remember when we leave anyone a commitment:

1. Ask a direct question.
2. Promise people blessings.
3. Bear testimony frequently.
4. FOLLOW UP!!!!

These were the four things that we shared. They are found in Preach My Gospel, Chapter 11 around page 197. I don't have a PMG with me but I am pretty sure it is around that page! We have been being a lot more serious with our members when we leave commitments with them because we want them to know that we mean business! Whenever we commit them to anything, we ask them when an appropriate time would be to follow up and then we right it down in our planners right in front of them. We have really great members here in the Copperfield ward and we are so blessed to serve with them! 

     GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! Wow. I loved conference SO much. I literally took notes from every single person that spoke throughout all of the 5 sessions that I watched. I am not going to tell you a favorite because I really do not have one. There is a reason that the ones who spoke, spoke. I took something from everyone and I know I have so much to work on. I will say that the requirements to be an Apostle found in the book of Acts 1:21-22 are being fulfilled. There is no question in my mind about this. I heard the Lord speaking to me personally through the voice of our beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson and his apostles. I cannot deny the things I know to be true. If any of you did not have the opportunity to watch all of the sessions, it would be wise of you to plan for some time to watch them. You will not regret doing that! 

     We also had a great lesson with Mounda this past week and we are helping him prepare for baptism on the 18th of this month! 

    I love you all so so much and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the love and support you all show me. I love being a missionary so much. One of the highlights of my day is when I get dressed and kiss my name-tag before I put it on. It is such a privileged to be out here serving the people of Houston! I love it and I love you!!!!

Love, 

Elder DeLuca


​Going to General Conference!!!!


This is our apartment score! I had to cover our phone number so Bailley wasn't tempted to call me(:

No comments:

Post a Comment