Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New Investigators and Members

Hello everyone! Sorry this is a day late due to MLK day! This past Tuesday at transfer meeting I was shocked to come to find out that me new companion was one who I have served with! Elder Christensen and I are back in business. 

Wednesday, we has a miracle happen that was SO sweet! We were tracting in an older neighborhood that evening because President Mortensen has emphasized all of us going from house to house Alma 26:28, and we were not having a ton of success. We knocked over 10 doors and no one wanted our goodies. It wasn't until the last house we knocked that this lady was like "Come in!" after we explained who we were. We asked if there was a adult male inside and she said yes so we went in. Her Husband Bill was sitting on the couch and I went over and shook his hand and sat next to him. He is Vietnam Veteran so he was telling me about a bunch of stories as Elder Christensen helped his wife with something on the computer right there in the living room. When he was done he sat down and we just started teaching the restoration lesson! It was so sweet. We shared the entire lesson and they committed to read from the BoM and we have a return appointment tomorrow evening! 

We have been seeing so many miracles with finding throughout our entire zone. We were averaging with like 3-5 each week and just this past week our zone found 18 new investigators. This work is so real and it is on fire! We have been talking a lot with the district leaders and doing all that we can to help out and they are getting the companionships all fired up. we have been seeing so many miracles and we are grateful to be a part of it! 

The best day this past week was for sure Saturday. We had been meeting with Paul throughout the week and he was so excited for this special day. To start off, it was a great turnout. There were like 20-30 people that showed up, including both of his parents that are non-members! It was really neat for me to see and listen to Paul's brother James give a talk on baptism. As he was sharing his message he started to talk a little bit about how far Paul has come and he started to get a little choked up. I could see the love that these two brothers had for each other and I couldn't help but to think of my brother. I love you Zacky. After the talk on baptism I had the opportunity to perform the ordinance. It was funny because before the service started Paul and I were doing a little "test drive" so to speak and I showed him how I was going to grab his wrist and what not and he was like, "Are you sure you are going to be able to pick me back up!?" And I was like, "Come on man, don't you see these guns?? I got you!"  Haha!! After the ordinance was done and when we were changing, he said that I was a lot stronger than he thought and that made me feel pretty good. My push-up are paying off. (; Haha!! So the baptism was a success and it was the neatest thing for me to be able to have been working with Paul these past few weeks. It is the coolest thing knowing that you are someone's "missionary." I love it! 

Bobby was not baptized this past weekend, but we are still working with him and we set another date for February 7th. He wants to finish the BoM before praying about it....He has like 100 pages left so we set a goal for him to finish it by the end of the month! 

That is all for this week, but I want you all to know how much I love you! I will talk to you soon! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca



 ​I have a video too, but I don't know how to post it. I was doing some service by bringing this back into the store. This thing needs a turbo! It took like 5 minutes to get into the store! 


​Elder Weaver made it back to give a talk on the Holy Ghost!


​We are getting some snow here in Texas too! (; 


No comments:

Post a Comment