Monday, January 26, 2015

More and More Miracles!

Alright, this week was so sweet but I have to throw it down quickly! We met with a less active-ish brother that hasn't been to church in a while and we talked with him and his daughter about putting the Lord first in all things. Something really cool happened, though. As he was talking, I was listening to him and he said something that made me think of 2 Nephi 32:8-9, when he said not doing anything before checking in with the Lord. So I shared that scripture and we talked about it and then we all read chapter 37 of the book of Alma. Sweet lesson and they both came to church yesterday. So sick!!

We had a lesson with Niki and Pamela and we reviewed the baptismal interview questions again because it is hard for them to remember everything that we teach them. They remembered quite a bit and we set a date for them to be baptized February 7th

Last night, we were planning on going to visit some former investigators and we picked three that were in the same area and we headed out to visit them after dinner. The first one said we could come back this week and the second one was not home. We headed to the last one and right when we pulled up, she did as well. Her name is Pamela and she met with the missionaries like 2 years ago and then they just kind of stopped coming I guess......??? Anyways, we talked with her and that was a miracle of its own with the timing and it turns out she is best friends with someone in the Magnolia 1st Ward where her grandson Anthony just got baptized. The same Anthony that Elder Lythgoe and I were working with! Small world!! It was cray!

This morning, I got a call from Elder Graves in our zone and shared an experience with me that was super sweet. He had felt prompted to go to a certain area to follow up on a potential investigator and they got in to teach him and they now have a return appointment for Tuesday this week. I share that because he had been fasting to find new people to teach and they Lord blessed him for that I know that. I have been fasting once a week for this very same purpose as well. We have been fasting every Saturday after dinner till Sunday dinner. I have been doing it this entire month and I plan on doing it for the rest of this year. Remember why the sons of Mosiah were so successful? "They had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God. But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting....." (Alma 17:2-3) It works you guys. I have a strong testimony of the power that comes from fasting. 

I also forgot to mention that we went on exchanges with the Magnolia 1st elders and while on the exchange they found two new investigators. Our finding is in direst correlation with our faith. We have to have the faith that Heavenly Father is preparing people for us. 

I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, 

Elder DeLuca 



​Favorite scripture? This was what we were doing at the campus trying to get people interested in the club we are starting at the college! 


I don't mean to boast, but we got a zero on our apartment score! :) 


​"Have you ever seen missionaries like us before??" hahaha Go hard er' day!

No comments:

Post a Comment