Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!

This past week was sweet! We were able to meet with Niki and Pamela twice and they are doing well We have set their baptismal date for the 31st of this month. I can't remember if I told you guys that or not last week! On Tuesday, we had MLC and President Mortensen threw it down again. I love him! I pulled him aside after we had lunch and I was talking to him for a few minutes and I asked him how I could improve my studies and he said something really cool "The difference between studying and reading for an hour is thinking." Information leads to revelation. I have been wanting to have more effective personal studies and he helped me out a lot! 

Wednesday, Elder Hegeman left us! He was needed in another area so he will be there until next Tuesday and then we have transfers. We miss him, but he is off doing great things in the Woodlands!

We were able to meet with Bobby three times this week and he is awesome. We went over all of the commandments with him and everything made sense. He also came to church on Sunday and Aaron Finch from our ward was quick to reach out and sit with him. We have a sweet ward! 

Saturday, we went to an apartment complex to visit a member who was not home and we ran into a lady named Stacy and we were able to talk to her for a few minutes. She was super nice to us and she explained that she was ready to start cleaning up her life and that she would be okay with us coming back soon to teach her! The sister missionaries actually had run into her a week or so before and she recognized that God was watching out for her. How cool is that!?

Saturday evening was one of the times we met with Bobby and after our lesson we went back home and I told Aaron Finch that I had a tie and some socks for him, so I gave them to him and we were talking for just a few minutes and some guy walked up to us. This was really neat because he knew Aaron because he gave him a "He Is The Gift" card the week before. This guy's name was Robert and he was Christian and we were able to talk with him for like ten minutes just about the love that our Savior has for us! This may not seem like it, but it was truly a miracle because Elder Weaver and I had been fasting for more opportunities to talk and find people to teach in our area and for the entire zone. Robert was really friendly and he said that we could come over next weekend! Ill let you know how it goes! 

Sunday was sweet! We had asked Brother Finch if he would be willing to bear his testimony at church when we were talking with him the night before and he said he was thinking about it, but we were an answer to his prayers and that he definitely would! So he did. He threw it down up there, to the point where he scared everyone from going up there. haha jk, but seriously. It was dead silent for a couple of seconds and no one was getting up to go to the pulpit so I said to myself, "If no one goes in 5 seconds, I'm going." 5,4,3,2,1 boom! No one was up, so I went for it! No turning back now. I got up there and testified of what Brother Finch said and I told the ward about Robert and the experience we had all because Brother Finch shared a card with him! It was so sweet. I had no intentions on going up there, but the spirit guided me otherwise. 

Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you next week! 

Love,

Elder DeLuca



Elder Christensen came to our zone meeting on Friday! It was good to see him again! 


Another lame pic! I buzzed by head a #4 though! 



No comments:

Post a Comment