Monday, December 29, 2014

A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Okay, I have to be really brief because Elder Weaver is already done emailing and he is waiting for Elder Hegemann and I to finish!
     
We had such a great week! On Tuesday, we were able to meet with Bobby and we just read in Alma 37 & 38 because that is where he is in his reading. We read for a while and had a great discussion! I love reading the scriptures with others and stopping to talk about things that stick out or questions that anyone has. That is something I remember doing with my boys back in Utah that are all out serving missions right now! 
     
Wednesday, we met with Niki and Pamela who are two young girls that live with their grandma who is a member. The girls have been meeting with the missionaries for a few months and they really want to be baptized. They are both 10 and 11 years old, so we are doing our best to explain things to them in a way that they can understand the seriousness of what they are wanting to do. It is so sweet! They wanted to be baptized on the 3rd of January, but we felt that it would be better to wait another week so they are scheduled for the 10th now! 
     
Christmas was the best day ever! After studies, we went over to the Gifford's home to have breakfast with them and it was really yummy! Then we went to the Pope's house, which is an investigator family, and we reviewed The Restoration with them and set four baptismal dates for the 31st of January. So, the grandma that lives there was a little confused why she would need to be baptized again if she was already baptized before and their daughter Kara was explaining to her that she needed to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood! This was so neat to watch her explain to her grandma what we had shared with her. After the Pope family, we went to the Pond's where I was able to Skype my dear family. I am so blessed to have the family that I do. I love you all more than I can explain and it was the best present to see and hear from you! 
     
Friday we had a sweet district meeting about the importance of prayer and teaching it to others. We had a role play that was a little different than what we usually do, but it was very helpful. We all took turns teaching Elder Hegemann as companionships and then we would evaluate and the next companionship would teach him the next principle. We focused on the what, why and how we pray.
     
Saturday, we met with Bobby again and we were able to teach The Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson. We had a recent convert who is on fire come with us and the lesson went so well! 
     
Sunday, something really sweet happened. Paul texted us when we were in ward council and said that his brother was sick so he would not be able to take him to church. He said that he was sick as well, but that he knew he should come to church so he asked us if we would be able to find a ride for him. The same member who came out to teach Bobby with us was able to go and pick him up! He stayed the whole time and explained that he knew he should have come and he felt like that was right where he needed to be! We weren't able to meet with him this past week because he was at his dad's house for Christmas, but we are meeting with him this Wednesday
     
I love my life, I love being a missionary, and I love all of you. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and remembered the most important reason why we celebrate it. Our Savior loves us all more than our minds can comprehend and He want us to return back to live with Him and our Heavenly Father and He has made that possible for us. I hope you have a great start to 2015! I love you guys! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca



​Winter wonderland in Texas! 


Sorry I didn't take any cool pictures this week! This is me emailing you guys(:

No comments:

Post a Comment