Monday, January 25, 2016

Farewell to Houston!




I cannot believe this is my last email! My mission has gone by so fast for me, and I have learned much. I am grateful for the blessing and opportunity the Lord has given me to serve Him. 

As I look back over the course of my mission, I can't help but to think of verses15-16 in the 18th section of the Doctrine and Covenants. 
"And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"

I know that my mission has been for me. I know that my family, friends, and people here in Houston have been blessed because of my service, but I know that the Lord called me here for me. There is a big difference in having a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and being converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Over the course of my mission, I have become converted within. I know that the Lord could do His work all alone, but I am convinced that He allows us (His servants) to participate in His glorious work, so we can become converted in the process. 

I now know what I want in my life and for my future, and my mission has helped my prepare to make it happen. It has been a blessing to be able to serve with many wonderful companions who have given their hearts so completely to the Lord. I have served here in the Texas Houston Mission with who I served with because that is exactly what the Lord knew I needed. 

It has been a neat experience to look back on the progress and changes I have made in my life over the past two years but honestly, my loved ones see it more than I do. It has been neat for me to hear them explain to me the changes they have seen in me. I have been so blessed throughout my mission with working with many people who have literally changed their lives because they come to know that the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I have felt most successful and fulfilled within, as I have served others. We find out who we really are when we put others before ourselves. 

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that it has brought me greater peace and happiness in my life, and I know that it has brought me closer to my Father in Heaven and to my Savior Jesus Christ more than any other book. I know that God lives and that we are His children. He loves us and wants us to be happy and successful in this life. He has a plan for each and every one of us. Central to His plan is His Son Jesus Christ. It is only in and through Jesus Christ that we can be saved. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for the strengthening and enabling power that comes because of His Atonement. I know that as we rely on His help, weak things can become strong. We can receive strength far beyond our natural capacity as we put off the natural man, and becometh a saint through the Atonement of Christ the Lord. May we all seek His help and guidance in our lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.  



This was my last district meeting on Friday


We went over and made breakfast at the Lane's on Saturday. I made Grandma Wilson's yogurt based pancakes and they were super yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment