Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a great start to 2016! This past year flew by for me. I have learned a lot about myself as I have forgotten about me and focused on serving others, and more importantly, serving the Lord. 

This week flew by for us! We have been finding a lot of people and some of our investigators dropped us. We had a miracle one night this past week where it was getting really late but we still wanted to go visit someone so we searched our online area book. As I scrolled down the page, this name Chris really stood out to me, so we went to visit him. We got to the apartment and he had moved a few months ago, but we started talking to the person that lived there. Her name was Cheyenne and her son had passed away recently so we were talking about the Plan of Salvation with her. She wanted us to come back and share more, but then texted us saying that her husband told her that we can't. :/  Hopefully, we opened the door for some future missionaries. 

I have learned that when people stick strictly to the "culture of things," they block the door for revelation. Some people are so stuck on what they have been brought up hearing that they are not even open to learning more, even if it is true and could bring them greater happiness and peace. For example, we were tracting last light and we knocked into this lady that was super nice to us and asked us what religion we were and I said, "Well, we are Christian and we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." She responded, "Well you have to be Baptist, Catholic, or something so what are you?" I said exactly what I said the first time and then added, "Have you ever heard of Mormons?" She then said, "Oh don't talk to me. I don't like Mormons." She then started to walk back inside and I said, "Why don't you like Mormons?" And she said, "Because." I said, "Because why? Did you have a bad interaction with one?" She said, "No, I just don't like them. I heard you guys don't even believe in God." Elder Nielsen asked to share the Christmas video and, luckily, she let him. After it was over I said I think it is safe to say we certainly believe in God, and in our Savior Jesus Christ. I am sorry you have heard some bad things about us, but they are not true. I then said that is why there is 85,000 of us going around the world to share what we really believe. We asked if we could come back and she said that if we were ever in the area we could stop by. I was SO happy that we left on a good note! 

The miracle I want to share this week is that Greg, the Saenz son now has a baptismal date for February 6th! I went to a pass-off lesson with the Crighton Elders and we taught him the Restoration. He was sharing with us that he knew that Heavenly Father was already blessing him for his decision to start investigating the Lord's Church. He has already found a job and he has been out of work for over a month now! His life is starting to get back to where he wants it to be. I told him that his countenance has changed within just a week. I said, "I see it most in your eyes, but I can tell you are more peaceful, happy, and confident in yourself but more importantly, in God." He has a light in his eyes that was not there a week ago. The light of Jesus Christ is real, and I have learned a lot just by looking into peoples eyes. 

I went up to share my testimony this past Sunday in fast and testimony meeting for the last time as a set-apart missionary. That was crazy to think. I shared a few things that I have learned over the course of my mission and thanked the members for all that they do for us. We could not do what we do without the help of members. I shared my testimony of the Book of Mormon and explained how the amount of the Book of Mormon an individual reads is directly proportionate to their conversion. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that is was written for our day and age. I love it, I love it, I love it. It has brought me closer to my Savior Jesus Christ and to my Father in Heaven than any other book of scripture. 

I hope everyone had a great week and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers every day! I love you guys!! 




​I roasted some veggies in the oven this past week. They were pretty good! 


My companions and I say hello! Shooting some love from Conroe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment