Monday, April 14, 2014

Crawfish-eating, Golfing, Lawn-Mowing Missionary Work

So this week was pretty sweet.  Wednesday, we were able to go over to Roy's house and were able to help out by cleaning his garage.  That was a great service opportunity!
     
Friday, we had district meeting and talked mostly about the Atonement, where we were able to make it more personal as we teach.  I would encourage you all to study the Atonement and to really think about what you are doing when you are partaking of the Sacrament.  What the Savior did for us is truly incredible and it is such a blessing to be able to use the Atonement for strength when we are going through hard times, and to help us be even better when we are doing well.
    
Saturday, we went over to Brother Jackson's house and we helped him clean up his yard.  I was able to mow his lawn, and it was really fun for me!  I haven't gotten to mow any lawns in a long time, and it's something that I enjoy doing. After that, we went to a Stake Crawfish Boil where somewhere between 2,000 and 2,500 people showed up and a lot of these people were non-members!  It was truly an amazing experience seeing the bonding between community members.  A plus was that I got to eat some crawfish, which wasn't too bad.  It wasn't my fave, but it was alright. 
     
After the Stake Crawfish Boil, Elder Christensen and I went with The Woodlands elders to Dairy Queen!  My Reese's blizzard was very good, but I kind of regretted eating the whole thing after I left.  We were able to talk to a guy who seemed somewhat interested in learning more about the Gospel, but doesn't live in our area and will be moving out of the Houston Area shortly. 
     
We had a similar experience on Sunday, with a guy named Daniel on the Waterway.  He studied different religions, but has never heard about the "Mormons."  So we gave him our card with our number so that he could contact us if he wanted to know more.  We had a really good conversation with him, though.
     
Well there are the highlights of my week.  It was awesome! My weeks are going by really fast......it is so weird.  I love you all and I look forward to talkin' with ya next week.  Have a great week! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca





FHE at the Harris' house.....I love them. : )



We went real golfing today!!!!!



This was my ball and my ride.  The ball wasn't supposed to go there!  Hahahaha!  : )



There I am!  I got my first free haircut yesterday.  That's what's uppp!!!!  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment