Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Best Week Ever!!!!!

Oh my goodness.  I had the best week ever!!!!!!!!!  I don't have a ton of time, but Ill try to get everything in here.  ( :
     
So Monday, we went golfing and that was surprisingly pretty fun!  I never thought I'd say that.  I wasn't any good, but it was fun.  Plus, we got Chick-Fil-A after.  Can't go wrong there! Mmmmmhmmmmmm.  ( :
     
So Tuesday, we had another exchange and I was with Elder Tanner and we had a wonderful day.  We had a lesson with one of our gators that we team teach with the sister missionaries and we went to a member's home. 
   
Wednesday we volunteered at PCI again and I had the opportunity to mow the grass and side-walk with the horses! Soooo fun for me! 
   
Thursday was so sick.  We had interviews with President Pingree!  That is one remarkable man.  Straight up, like he is such an inspiration to me and I've only known him for like 2 in a half months or so, but I feel like we have known each other forever..... We had a great interview and I had mentioned how I am already seeing blessings back home just by me being out here.  Yes, I'm talking to you, fam.  You all are wonderful people and I love you guys so much.  I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of you. 
     
Check this out, we had received a call from President Thursday night while in a meeting so we called him back.  He had said that he wanted us (Elder Christensen and I) to come with him to a youth conference tomorrow.  Not his AP's, not any of the other 282 missionaries.  He wanted us to come.  That was crazy and I was kind of nervous!  So Friday, we met him and Sister Pingree and their son Joseph at a Home Depot parking lot at 7:30 in the morning.  We drove up to a member's ranch like and hour in a half away to go to this youth conference.  We made a pit stop at McDonald's on the way and just the way President talks to people is amazing.  I wanna be like him.  He got two ITL's just in the drive through.  Anyways, we go to this youth conference and it is Book of Mormon themed and so we roll up in our church clothes and everyone is in dirty old clothes hahah!  Pretty cool.  So there were like 4 different stations and we were the Missionary Work station.  Each group had like 70-80 youth in it so President talked for a little then he kinda turned the time over to us. 

We explained why we had the desire to come on missions, what it is like and the blessings that come from it.  This is my favorite part and I am about to cry just typing this.  As I looked out among these youth as I talk to them, I am scanning back and fourth to see the majority of them taking notes as I speak to them.  You guys, this was my favorite part of my mission.  I was kind of in shock..... Straight up.  Who in the world would take notes from me? I know so little.  One of the leaders came up to me after one of the sessions and she came up to me and she shook my hand and looked me in the eye and said "Thank you Elder DeLuca.  You are effective.  I felt the Spirit so strongly when you spoke to us."  Honestly, I feel like that was why I was there.  There have been times when we teach a lesson or something and I'm like "Yo, did you feel the Spirit in there?  Because I don't really feel like I did."  I seriously feel that some missionaries get used to having the Spirit and they don't notice it as much.  I know I do, but this lady was there to reassure me that she had felt it.  That was the best day ever.  We stood out in the baking sun from like 9:30 to almost 1 in the afternoon, and it was the best experience ever. 
     
Saturday, we met with two less actives and we visited one member who I seem to have a "click with" if you will.  I don't know why, but when he talks to us, he like straight up stares at me 98 percent of the time.  Not like in a creepy way or anything, but just like talking to me.  To my soul. It is really cool.  He is from Jamaica so you gotta listen close or you will lose him.  I love him so much and we are going to try to get over there more.  It's hard cause we don't wanna seem pushy or anything! 
     
Sunday was sick.  Justin came to church again all on his own!  We are gonna meet with him this week so Ill let you know whats up.  This Easter has been the illest!  I loved it so much.  This has been such a great time for me to focus on what the Savior did for me.  He performed the Atonement for all of us, so try to see what he has done for you personally and how you can use the enabling and strengthening power of it. 
    
I love y'all! <---- Had to do it  ( :  I actually tried it once to this guy who looked like a real Texan and he talked with us. Some people here won't even give you the time of day if you were to say "Hey guys, how's it goin?"  Crazy huh?  Not so much in The Woodlands, but there are a few real Texans here.  Anyways, excuse me for my rambling!  I love you and so does Heavenly Father!  Keep up the great work you all do! 


This was us at interviews!


College Park Ward, what uppp?!


President and Sister Pingree.  Best examples ever, with everything!!!


King Benjamin's Tower at youth conference (I did not preach from up there!) hahaha ( :


This guy looked so cool, we wanted a pic.  He made that himself!


See, I got a li'l sunburned from being outside all day!  It was so worth it though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment