Monday, April 7, 2014

Well, Hello Everyone!

Well, hello everyone!  This week so saaaweeett!  I hope you all had a really good week too.  We all can choose what kind of week we want to have.  It is all about perception and what you make of everything.
     
I don't have a ton of time.  I was busy golfing today!  I know some of you are like "Seriously, you golfed??"  Haha, well in all honesty, no I didn't golf! This guy Roy (My bishop's friend) has a putting green in his backyard and he invites us over.  So we did that for a couple hours today.  And, of course, I washed the car.  ( : 
     
So, on Wednesday we met one of the members of our ward at the park to talk with him.  He is struggling with something and he likes to meet with us so we can chat with him and try to help him out in any way that we can.  We usually go to his apartment, but I suggested that we meet him at the park cause it was a nice day!  So we met him at the park and we were talking to him then this other guy came up to us and asked if he could borrow a phone and after he finished his call, he was asking about my name tag.  He spoke very little English so Elder Christensen had to use some of his 5 years of Spanish, only to come to find out that he forgot a lot.....haha!  Not good.  We gave him a Book of Mormon and a reading assignment and then called the Spanish Sisters to meet him there the next day.  We had to pick them up from the park on Thursday cause they don't have a car, and they told us that Luis had read our assignment outta 3 Nephi and he was wanting to read the whole book!  How sick is that?!  We aren't teaching him, but that is besides the point.  He is coming unto Christ and that is what matters.
     
Friday, we had Zone Meeting and that was really good.  We talked about the first principle in the Restoration: God is our loving Heavenly Father.  It is something that is really easy to talk about fast, but it is the most important.  Any principle of the gospel comes back to "God is our loving Heavenly Father."  Everything we have comes from Him. Remember that.  We talked about this for a while and looked for scriptures to go with it.  Then we practiced bringing a new investigator to Sacrament and explained it as if we were doing it for real. 
     
GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS SO SWEET!  I'm gonna be honest here, I used to dread general conference.....I know.  I was an idiot!  I obviously wasn't paying attention back then.  This past one was incredible.  I took notes from each person who spoke.  I seriously don't have a favorite but there were probably three that really stuck out to me.  If any of you didn't have the opportunity to watch it, I would highly recommend you watching or reading them.  Like I said, I don't have much time to write today, but remember who you are and what you stand for.  Remember to always stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.  We do not have much time here to prep before meeting Heavenly Father again, so do what is right.  We are all gonna make mistakes at some time or another, but use the beautiful gift of the Atonement for strength to push through and when you mess up, get right back up and change what you did wrong and learn from it.  God knows us perfectly and He wants to help us return back to Him and He has provided a way.....the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Follow it and we can all return home!  Remember we only have four minutes to prep.  Prepare yourself well!
     
I love you all and I thank you for all that you do for me.  Have a great week everyone.  Choose to have a great week no matter what! 

Love,

Elder DeLuca

No comments:

Post a Comment