Monday, June 9, 2014

Howdy, Y'all!

Howdy ya'll! 

Well this week was pretty sweet!  We have been so low on investigators, but this past week we found three new ones! We actually taught one of them twice, but he doesn't live in our area so we may have to hand him off to the other missionaries that are in his area.  He works over here though, so that is why we have been meeting with him. 
     
So, I saw my first snake here in Texas! Ill show you what I did to him. It wasn't the nicest thing to do to a living creature, but all snakes are poisonous to me soooo.....I had to do what I had to do.  I later came to find out that this particular snake wasn't actually venomous, but it was too late.  The damage was already done! 
     
Well nothing TOO exciting happened this week, but we have been working really hard.  We do a lot of finding because our teaching pool has been pretty low!  It will fill up soon enough though!  We also are able to get in with members everyday and teach them and ask for referrals. 
     
So, yesterday our Bishopric spoke and they are so awesome.  Our Bishop talked about preventative spiritual maintenance.  That was so cool 'cause he explained it by talking about a car.  Don't wait for it to break down and then get it fixed!!  Take care of it so it keeps running!!  I am totally butchering it, but then he related that to our spiritual maintenance.  We have to constantly be nourishing it! 
     
We have transfers coming up this next Tuesday and I can see myself leaving, but I don't know for sure.  College Park still has a lot of missionary work to be done and it is a great place!  If I do leave it will take a while to get any letters that come after I leave.  So if anyone is gonna send one (Bailley), send it sooner than later please!  Haha, my little sister is seriously the best.  I love you so much Buddah!!  I have the best little sister ever.  She even takes after my good looks!  ( : 

I want you all to know that I am so grateful to be out here serving a mission!  It really is a miracle of it's own.  I never really had the desire to serve a mission until like two years ago and once I found out for myself that this gospel is true, I knew that I was gonna be out here!  The mission life is the sickest!  I love being a missionary.  Thank you all for everything that you do for me.  I'll talk to you soon! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca





So, this is what I did.....I don't mess around, you guys!!!



​I look so goofy!  I was testing out the timer thing on the camera! Hahaha.  (( : Don't worry, my desk is cleaner than my comps!



No comments:

Post a Comment