Monday, June 2, 2014

Soooooo Hot Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sooooo hot here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha I sweat soooo much. 

Well, I have been gone for over four months now.....cray!  I don't know where the time goes..  All I can say is I love my mission so much.  This is seriously the best decision I have ever made.  Missionary work is hard work.  This is not an easy thing to do for me but it is so worth it!  The things that I learn out here will be things that will bless my family now and especially my future family. 
     
So, we had a super busy week!  My weeks seem to just fly by.  I just wanna share a couple things from this week.  So There is a lady in our ward who was dating a non-member named Stan and he passed away on Tuesday.  We had been out to dinner with them a few times and Stan was very respectful to us but not very receptive to anything that we shared.  However, one Sunday after church Elder Christensen and I went over there and we were talking about something and I said something to Stan and he said, "Most of the things you guys say goes in one ear and out the other, but its times like this that actually make me listen."  I honestly don't even know what it was I said to him but Stan and I kinda clicked.  We were really cool with each other and I was sad to hear that he had an unexpected heart failure that resulted to his death.  Sister Cason had called and asked me to speak at his funeral.  I was honored to do so but I was so nervous cause like 98 percent of the people who attended were not members of the church!  Anyways it all went pretty well and I just wanna say to all of you that we never know when it is gonna be our time to go home so we need to be doing the best we possibly can. 
     
We also had another death in the ward this week.  Brother Haagenson passed away on Monday due to stage 4 lung cancer.  This was actually caused from him being exposed to agent orange during the Vietnam War.  So Sister Haagenson asked Elder Thomas and I to be some of the Pall-bearers.  Both of these funerals were this past Friday
     
On the way home from Brother Haagenson's graveside service, we were in the car with Brother Workman and Elder Thomas had the best idea everr!  He was like, "Do you mind if we share a message?"  This ended up being the best car ride ever, and I wasn't even driving.  Basically, this is what I got from our amazing conversation;  We have to know what we want, because we are going to get it.  Think about that.  What do you not have that you really want?  If there is anything, you aren't putting fourth all the effort you need to be.  Our minds are constantly working subconsciously to do things that get us what we want even if we don't realize it.  Soooo, we have to train ourselves to want what God wants, more than anything else.  Period.  If we do this, we will have eternal happiness.  Our houses, cars, clothes, etc. are nothing that we are taking with us after this life.  Think about what matters most and get r' done!  We are not mortal beings having a spiritual experience, but rather we are spiritual beings having a mortal experience.  Our spirits are sooo much stronger than our physical bodies, so we really can do anything we put our mind to.  If we are being righteous and doing God's will,  He will help us accomplish anything!  I know this to be so true! 
     
We had some other really neat things take place this week, like I gave girl advice to this guy that was wayyyy older than me and many more things, but I have to goo!!  I love you all and do all that you can to qualify for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.  I seriously could not do this without the spirit helping me along the way.  I am way too weak.  Have an amazing week and Ill talk to you soon! 

Love, 

Elder DeLuca!!!!


 
This is Sister Cason after the service.  I found some glasses and I though they made me look smarter!  hahaha, I didn't wear them when I spoke though!!



I got a goofy haircut!! Brother Richter tricked me. He chopped my sideburns!!!! It's all good though. It's only hair, plus they were too long!!  


​I seriously love my companion.  We work so well together!  We are almost opposite, so we learn from each others' strengths and help out each others weaknesses.  We are defs supposed to be together that's fo sho!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment